Re-opening date Sept 2nd 2020.
We’ve missed you so very much, and we are so excited to announce we will be opening in  days!
Wow…New York Fitness and Boxing (“NYFB”) opens on Wednesday Sept 2nd, 2020.
Since March 2020, NYFB has offered on-line Instagram and Zoom classes to our members. We hope that you enjoyed our virtual classes and are benefiting from the great workout sessions. You may continue to enjoy these prerecorded videos by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPvhh1lVEJ1wzw-KxYUDBjg .
As of September 2nd 2020, we will follow a new live group class schedule. Please click here for more details: https://www.newyorkfitnessandboxing.com/the-schedule (note that the schedule is subject to change). Our private sessions (one-on-one coaching) are becoming increasingly popular, perfect for all ages and abilities. Go here to learn more: https://www.newyorkfitnessandboxing.com/private-classes
In case you haven’t heard, we are delighted to report that New York State is allowing gyms to open its doors and resume business. However, before we can do this, we are required by the Suffolk County Health Department to implement several mandatory and recommended measures that are designed to promote effective and safe social distancing practices while keeping you and our staff healthy and strong. The new measures include but not limited to; 1) Wiping down equipment with disinfectant cleaners regularly, 2) sanitizing shared surfaces with steam heat, 3) create designated workout stations that are 6ft apart from each other, 4) updati ng attendance protocols, 5) limiting class size by 33%, 6) Installing the Reme-Halo air purification system, and 6) Installing the MERV-13 filter by a licensed HVAC company.
Here’s how you can help keep your fitness studio safe for everyone:
Due to limited spacing, we ask that you register for all “group” fitness classes. Please go here to download our Zenplanner Member application
1) GOOGLE - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zenplanner.memberapp&hl=en_US.
2) ISO APPLE - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zen-planner-member-app/id1065000091
- Please do not come into the studio if you are sick or don’t feel well.
- Please wait outside until it’s time for your class to start. We want to limit the amount of people in the facility at one time.
- Please sign into the class each day by using the I-PAD located on the front desk. Then immediately find the clipboard and answer the COVID-19 assessment questionnaire. If you answer “YES” to any of the COVID-19 questions, you may be asked to quarantine for 14 days.
- Please wear a face mask when entering the gym and do not take it off until you exit the studio. To be clear, a face mask must be worn throughout your fitness session.
- Sanitize your hands before, during and after handling our equipment. We will have PPE gloves available at the front desk if you choose to wear them.
Limit interaction and remain six-feet from other parties. Throughout the gym floor, NYFB will ensure that there are cleaning supplies ready for your use. - Please clean all equipment with disinfected wipes or sprays when leaving your workout station.
- Please no personal items in the gym except for a water bottle or any necessary pieces of workout equipment.
- Please don’t share your workout equipment.
- You may bring your own training equipment such as boxing gloves, mats and ropes. At this time, no one will be allowed to use our community boxing gloves.
Once you’re done with your class or appointment, please leave the studio so the staff can prepare for the next class.
Additional Measures Taken To Keep Us Safe:
NYFB installed the REME HALO in-duct air purifying unit to help address the COVID-19 concern. Click here for more information on the REME HALO system: https://youtu.be/f1iDBukMVWk .
Feel free to reach out if you have questions about any of these new guidelines. It’s an adjustment for all of us, but we know we can all work together to make our studio a safe and fun place to stay fit and healthy. Finally, remember to have fun! Things will be different, but we’re still the same community. Allow yourself grace as you transition back, but also be prepared to crush it!
We can’t wait to see you!
Eddie, Bill, Jules, Dot, Brandon, Tammy, Chris and Timmy